SCMC Strategic Tools
Collaborative enterprise systems that leverage state-of-the-art analytics throughout the procurement lifecycle.
- A secure web hosted supplier/buyer marketplace How to bid during an event
- Easy to use bidding platform
- Provides immediate feedback on the competitiveness of bids
- Allows participants to update their bids based on feedback
- Opportunity to submit multiple bids during an event
- Sellers know where their bid stands at the completion of an event
Exposes suppliers to DOE, NNSA and EM contractors
- eAuctions - Real time bidding event in which sellers receive feedback in the form of bid rank and allowing multiple bids over a short timeframe.
- Sealed Bid by Rank - Real time bidding event in which sellers receive feedback in the form of bid rank and allows multiple bids over a longer timeframe.
- Sealed Bid - Sellers may choose to change their bid during the course of an event but they do not receive rank feedback.
eSourcing: Drives superior pricing reductions over traditional methods
- A secure web hosted on-line marketplace with electronic catalogs
- Provides a Business to Business (B2B) shopping solution with consumer-like shopping experience
Supports enterprise-wide strategic sourcing and leveraging NNSA’s spend on common commodities
Supports 2 types of catalogs:
- Punch-out / supplier direct catalog
- Excel formatted catalog (also known as a "Static" or "Local" catalog
Best Practices for producing effective catalogs:
- Catalog contains manufacturer's part number, name and lead time
- Includes an item picture (or link to picture)
- Includes robust descriptions of products or services
- Seller's customer service contact on catalog landing page
- Live chat available
- Cart checkout button easily identified
- Easily identifiable unit of measure and minimum quantities