- Annually, the SCMC sends a Voice of the Client and Customer survey to our Department of Energy Federal customers and Contractor clients. Recent accolades:
The SCMC "continues to provide outstanding service to all stakeholders. Excellent return on investment."
“Excellent Work! Thank You!”
“We think it's great SCMC is trying to innovate beyond merely strategic agreements."
- The sponsored strategic sourcing tool set has enabled an excess of $750M in client cost savings since the program's inception.
- Collaboration with NA-30, NA-20 and HQ Cyber Security evaluating partnerships for enterprise-wide commodity agreements.
- Selected by DOE HQ in 2014 to implement a one-year eCatalog tool pilot with several Office of Science Contractors in 2015.
- In 2012, selected by DOE EM to be the Strategic Sourcing enterprise solution for its 18 major Contractors.
- Awarded DOE "Senior Procurement Executive Performance Award" - 2017 and 2019
- Finalist for DOE "Secretary's Award" - 2011 and 2012
- Awarded Progressive Manufacturing's "Top 100 Supply Chain Organizations in the World" - 2010
- Two-time recipient of DP Award of Excellence - 2008 and 2010
- The SCMC Lab and Measurement Commodity Agreement Team was the recipient of DP Award of Excellence – 2009
The SCMC strategic sourcing program is “one of the best tools in our toolbox.”
Remarks by Oliver Voss, director NNSA APM-10, May 2, 2018
Small Business Commitments
SCMC ensures the utilization of small and disadvantaged businesses and fulfillment of socio-economic goals by matching small business capabilities to the DOE Contractors' requirements. The SCMC's level of commitment to small business is reflected in the quotes below. Click here to see the full press releases.
In its fifth year of operations, the Supply Chain Management Center (SCMC) initiative realized cost savings in excess of $33.9 million from competitive awards to small business...NNSA Press Release, Dec 18, 2012
The Supply Chain Management Center (SCMC), Since 2007, ...have saved more than $213 million by pooling the purchasing of common goods and services and by leveraging combined purchasing power. Small businesses play a major role in producing those savings. More than 90 percent of the award value identified in the current agreements were awarded to small businessesRemarks by NNSA Administrator Thomas P. D’Agostino, 12th Annual Small Business Conference & Expo, Speech, May 10, 2011
Supply Chain Management Center (SCMC) ...main criterion for deciding who is finally awarded these multi-site purchasing agreements is small business status. In FY 2011, every new agreement was awarded to a small business...NNSA Press Release, Dec 12, 2011